주관 : 문화재청
제작 : 바이브 스튜디오 (vi-be.com)
음악 : 공명 – 천여화
Location: JUNG MYEONG JEON | 중명전 (重眀殿) (Seoul Korea)
중명전(重眀殿)은 1897년경 대한제국의 황실 도서관으로 러시아 건축가 사바찐에 의해 설계된 서양식 전각이다. 원래의 이름은 수옥헌(漱玉軒)이었으나, 1904년 경운궁(현 덕수궁) 화재 이후 고종이 이곳으로 거처를 옮기게 되면서 중명전으로 이름을 바꾸었다. 1905년 11월 18일 새벽, 중명전에서 〈을사늑약〉이 체결되었다. – Wikipedia
The three-story western-style building, designed by the Russian architect Seredin Sabatin, was used as the imperial library between 1897 and 1901. It was initially known as Suokheon.
After Deoksugung Palace caught on fire, Jungmyeongjeon Hall became the main office of Emperior Gojong for discussing national affairs greeting foreign dignitaries. It also witnessed the tragic part of history in which the infamous Eulsa Treaty (Japan-Korea Protectorate Treaty) was signed.
Jungmyeongjeon Hall used to be within Deoksugung Palace, but it was separated from the palace when a stone wall was built between the two. It exhibits one of the modern architectural styles in Korea, but, unfortunately, has lost most of its original structure except for its exterior because in a fire in 1925. After Liberation from Japan on August 15, 1945, Jungmyeongjeon Hall was used for many different things. In September, 2006, the ownership of Jungmyeongjeon Hall changed to the Cultural Heritage Administration and was classified as part of Deoksugung Palace as part of Historic Site No.124 in February 2007.